Wednesday, January 26, 2011

magic

I'm telling you, this place is magical.

I have literally had tears in my eyes at some point during EVERY one of my shifts in the castle so far (happy tears of course!). Cinderella's Royal Table is full of magical moments - we recognize a prince and/or princess of the day at the start of every meal, we welcome "royal families" into the castle to share a meal with some of their favorite and most-loved Disney princesses, we give the prince and princesses swords and magic wands to use for our special wishing ceremony, we make memories.

When working inside the castle, I love to watch the families that come in together...their excitement is contagious and just knowing how special this meal is for them fills me with so much joy. Tonight, there were quite a few daddy-daughter tables and at one point one father was dancing with his princess in-between courses. We had a table of older ladies there to celebrate their dear friend's 80th birthday. Also, tonight I got to see my first in-castle proposal....it was so sweet!

I don't think I could have gotten any luckier with my location. I can honestly say that I love going into work every day and I definitely know now more than ever that I need to be in the business of making memories for people in some capacity.

xoxo,
Natasha

No comments:

Post a Comment