Friday, October 1, 2010

make new friends, but keep the old...

I mentioned in an earlier post that I would talk about Skype and Facebook related to the DCP. Both have been SO helpful to me throughout this whole process. There is a facebook group dedicated to the Spring/Spring Advantage 2011 applicants... it was a great way to meet a bunch of people, get answers to some of my questions and talk to other people who are obsessing over the program as much as you are! I met a great group of people in the group that I also talk to on Skype (shoutout to Kristina, Brittany, Alek, Tyler, Kaitlyn, Brenda and Jordan!!)

If you are thinking about applying -- go check if there is a group already on facebook and join it!! If there isn't one, CREATE IT -- people will join :)

I do want to caution you though...in the time from when you apply to when people start getting their emails/folders it gets pretty addicting (at least it did for me). As sad as it is, I was completely obsessed with checking the group for any news about pending letters/rejections/ acceptances! It's very easy to lose track of time when you are looking at all that stuff. Thankfully, Alex brought it to my attention one day and I realized that I was spending a little too much time on Facebook :) (thanks babe!!) Everything in moderation, right? :D

xoxo,

Natasha

PS...I don't like that I didn't include a picture in this post so here is a random picture of my new boss! ;)








No comments:

Post a Comment